Home » Resources » Minutes » 2006 Minutes » June Minutes For The Gold River Streamkeepers Society

2006 June Minutes For The Gold River Streamkeepers Society

DRAFT

GOLD RIVER STREAM KEEPERS SOCIETY MINUTES FOR JUNE 21/06

IN ATTENDENCE: DAVE DAVIES, PATRICK WATSON, JANE BOGIE, KEN SMITH, DUSTIN MCLEAN, DARREL GLASS AND PAUL SMITH

Meeting called to order at 7:11 pm. Paul thanked everyone for attending.  Paul apologized for Jim Mitchell not being able to attend this meeting due to a job interview.  Paul asked for everyone to sign the attendance sheet.  Paul asked for additions or changes to the agenda. Paul added Jim Mitchell's motion under new business.  Dustin moved to accept agenda, Ken seconded, called to question, all in favour, none opposed, so moved.  Paul asked everyone to read over the previous minutes.  Motion to accept minutes by Dustin; seconded by Patrick, called to question, all in favour, none opposed so moved. 

Under unfinished business, Paul talked about the Dunlop Creek Fence.  Great job everyone who participated.  Paul updated everyone on the final logo and will send out to those who wish to have it on their hard drive.  Paul talked about the Ucona Mainline project being put on hold until someone can coordinate this project.  Paul forgot to look into the lost stream keeper course certificates with Dave Clough, but will do so.  Paul couldn't print out the Stewardship Education certificates because he hasn't received the list of participants yet.  The Stewardship Education program will fall by the wayside if no one steps forward to coordinate it.  Paul reminded everyone that the correspondence has been emailed to all on the mailing list and that the members who aren't receiving should contact Paul.

Under new business, Paul read out Jim Mitchell's motion to present Darrel Glass with a check for $200 for his excellent work in carving a burl award for Dave Davies.  Jane seconded, called to question, all in favour, none opposed, so moved.  Elections were next with all the standing directors giving the okay to stand again, with Jane Bogie as treasurer, Ken Smith as secretary and Paul Smith as President.  Jim Mitchell will stand as Vice President.  Paul gave the financial report.  Dustin moved to accept financial report.  Ken seconded. Called to question, all in favour, none opposed, so moved. 
 
Action Items: 
1. Paul will contact Gary Foster regarding rock weir on Hutchinson Creek.
2. Dave Davies will contact Seton regarding final report on Dunlop Creek data.
3. Paul will look into the stream keeper certificates for the members who took Dave Clough's course.
4. Dustin will look into Stewardship Education classes.
5. Jane and Patrick will coordinate the removal of the Dunlop Creek fence.
6. Paul will talk to Roger Dunlop or Jamie James about summer run Chinook in the Gold River.

Under open discussion:
There was some discussion on the salmon enhancement for Gold River Chinook. Dave Davies stated that the plan has changed from last year, as it's too difficult to take brood stock in the upper watershed.  This year 400,000 eggs will be taken from the main stem of the Gold and Robertson/Robertson fish will still be killed.   What about using the fish weir?  What about Muchalat River Chinook?  Question was asked about the summer run Chinook population in the Gold watershed, is it substantial? Dave Davies asked the group for question about the NSWS.  Are they still focused on only salmon enhancement and not watershed enhancement?  Dave talked about the new direction for the NSWS.  It would be great if someone from GRSK would attend meetings and report back to the directors.  Ken Smith volunteered to do so.  Question was asked about the location of our book on funding and also the digital camera.  Paul stated that Jim has both as far as he can remember.  Dave Davies talked about the award being given to GRSK and Jim Mitchell individually for all our dedication and hard work in stewardship.  Way to go everyone!

Motion to adjourn at 8:30 pm by Dustin.  Next meeting is Wednesday September 20, 2006 at 7:00 pm at the Aquatic Centre in meeting room number one.

Previous | Minutes | Next