Home » Resources » Minutes » 2004 Minutes » October Minutes For The Gold River Streamkeepers Society

2004 October Minutes For The Gold River Streamkeepers Society

DRAFT

GOLD RIVER STREAM KEEPERS SOCIETY MINUTES FOR OCTOBER 19 /04

IN ATTENDENCE: PAUL SMITH, DARREL GLASS, KEVIN DELLO, PATRICK WATSON, JANE BOGIE, MIKE McCALLUM, DUSTIN MCLEAN

Meeting called to order at 7:05 pm. Paul apologised on behalf of Jim who will be late.  Kevin Dello stated that he could not stay for the whole meeting.  Paul asked for everyone to sign the attendance sheet.  Paul asked for additions or changes to the agenda.  Dustin moved to accept agenda, Mike seconded, called to question, all in favour, none opposed, so moved.  Paul asked everyone to read over the previous minutes.  Motion to accept minutes by Darrel, seconded by Jane, called to question, all in favour, none opposed, so moved. 

Patrick and Mike updated everyone on Big Bend Creek.  They are almost finished tying in the lwd, but ran out of wire rope and Crosby clamps.  Paul commented that not everyone has paid 2004 membership dues and in January 2005 we will be holding our AGM and members will have to pay for 2005.  If there is a problem with the amount due, please comment so we can look at lowering the dues if they are too high.  Remember, students only pay $10.  Paul updated everyone on the Elk River riparian project.  We will be asked to provide a letter of support again for next years round of funding.  Paul stated that the salmon enumeration for the local creeks would be starting soon.  Darrel commented that he could use some help with Hutchinson Creek as he is working pretty steady now.  Paul will contact Ken Frost (rod and gun) to ask for help.  Paul will phone all the stream keepers who are in charge of the creeks to ensure that they have all the cils and tools necessary.  Paul asked everyone to look over the financial report.  Dustin moved to accept the financial report, Jane seconded, called to question, all in favour, none opposed, so moved.

Action Items: 
1.  Paul will contact Ken Frost on Hutchinson Creek enumeration. 

Under open discussion, Darrel talked about a storm drain that is emitting sewage by the Heber River and he has told a village works employee about it.  The employee stated that they would look into it.  Some discussions followed on how this may have happened and if it can make its way into the Heber River.  Jane moved to adjourn at 7:30 pm.  Next meeting is November 17/04 at 7:00 pm in meeting room number 1 at the aquatic center.

Previous | Minutes | Next