Home » Resources » Minutes » 2002 Minutes » February Minutes For The Gold River Streamkeepers Society

Gold River Streamkeepers Society Minutes for February 2002

DRAFT

GOLD RIVER STREAM KEEPERS SOCIETY MINUTES FOR FEBRUARY 12/02

IN ATTENDENCE: JIM MITCHELL, PAUL SMITH, MIKE THURBER, JOHN BRUCE JR, CHRIS ERIKSON, STEWART ADAMS, JON BANAS, FLOYD NASWELL AND DARRELL GLASS

Meeting called to order at 7:13 pm. Jim asked for changes or additions to agenda. Paul added his name under new business. Mike Thurber moved to accept agenda, seconded by Chris Erikson. Jim asked that everyone read over minutes for changes or additions. Darrel commented that his name is spelled with one L. Floyd moved to accept minutes, John Bruce Jr. seconded, called to question all in favor none opposed.

Jim asked if there was any unfinished business under old business. Paul asked for someone else to set up storm drain marking program, as he just doesn’t have the time. Paul will look into acquiring kit from Dave Clough or Dave Davies. Jim will talk to Craig Anderson about the program. Jim asked Mike how his Adopt a Fish idea was panning out. Mike replied that nothing has been done to date due to Salmonids In The Classroom already in place. Mike will pursue and idea about placing a live saltwater tank in the elementary school. Paul talked about business number forms received from Canada Revenue and the need to fill out and send back. Consensus was reached to find out more before sending in. Paul talked about Kent Simpson’s request to establish a Coho indicator fence on a system in our area. Chris gave a brief background on the benefits of this project. Chris started a list of potential systems that meet the criteria from suggestions by members

Paul handed out copies of Bylaws, Constitution and talked about the document on maintaining society information. Jim stated that everyone should be familiar with bylaws and the constitution, so read it! Under new business, Jim and Paul talked about Scouts Day at the Rod and Gun Club. John Bruce gave some examples of displays from previous events, as he has been involved in the past. Both John and Mike volunteered their time to help with the display. Paul will pass along Maxine McLean’s number to John and Mike and contact her to confirm participation by us. Darrel talked about the willow-planting project for Hutchinson Creek Side Channel. Darrel will call members for help when he is ready. Darrel talked about his conversations with Roger Dunlop about the possibility of taking over the radio-tagging program for Chinook and the rotary screw trap. Some discussions followed concerning funding and training wages etc. Paul will check into this. Darrel asked if we could have some membership cards similar to the Rod and Gun Clubs. Consensus was reached to create some. Paul will do this. Darrel also commented that it might be beneficial for us to network with Stream Keepers groups in Campbell River to gain more ideas and knowledge. Paul will contact Kathy Campbell about this and report back to members. Paul talked about the fry mark recapture project that will be done once again in April on Hutchinson Creek. Stewart commented that he would like to form a Stream Keepers Society in Tahsis. Paul will contact Dave Clough to find out when a course can be taught in Tahsis and report back to members. Darrel moved to adjourn. Chris seconded. Next meeting to be decided by Jim and sent out by email/phone etc.

Previous | Minutes | Next